Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What a day

As I write this blog, my wife is driving home from the hospital.  My class let out at 9:30 p.m. and Christal left the hospital around 11:30 p.m.  Times like this will help us appreciate staying up with the baby when she can't sleep :).

Aliyah is now at 2 lb 4.8 oz.  Christal said Kangaroo care went well today, but the CPAP problems reared their ugly head again.  The CPAP came off her face while Christal was holding her.  This happened at the beginning of the kangaroo/feeding session.  When this happens, the parent is basically trying to get the child to cooperate (keeping their head steady) while affixing the breathing equipment.  Take my word for it, this is not an easy task. 

Well, I guess I'll cut this one short.  Christal just made it home.  I should probably spend some time with her before I go back to work in the morning!

If you interested, we have a short video to show some of the preparation required when placing the instruments on the little one!  God Bless! 

Barry G.

No comments:

Post a Comment