Tuesday, June 14, 2011

When a woman loves...she loves for real. 6/14/2011

6/11/2011 2 lb 15.6 oz
6/12/2011 2 lb 15.6 oz
6/13/2011 3 lb 1.3 oz
6/13/2011 3 lb 2.8 oz
Feeding: 30 mL 

Aliyah had another good day today.  She grew despite the change in her ventilator settings!  That is good!  Her numbers last night were very encouraging to the doctors.

From the time Christal began to dilate, the doctors and nurses have always told us Aliyah's chances for survival are good because she is a girl.  Statistically, premature girls have a higher survival rate than boys.  Going through this process, I'm humbled by the strength of our daughter as well as the strength of my wife.  Pregnancy, birth, and care-giving have given me an appreciation for the strength of women in general.  It definitely leads one to believe God made them strong from the beginning to prepare them for motherhood! 

It is often stated how strong women are, but I don't think men will ever understand just how much.  It hurts to watch my wife everyday.  I've never been the kind of person to watch other people work.  It is not in my nature.  I thought I was doing SOME good by holding the baby for a couple of hours over the weekend (giving my wife a break).  I found out today that it actually benefits the baby more to be held by the mother because the mother gives the child antibodies.  WOW.  I'm useless!  Christal is not the only one out there making sacrifices.  Everyone woman does.  Sleep deprivation, aches, pains, pumping, and etc.  The list goes on.  I want every woman reading this blog to know that you mean so much and do so much....and receive so little credit for what you do.  I love the recent song sang by R. Kelly...When a woman loves....she loves for real.  This song has a different meaning today than it did a few months ago.

God bless each and woman/mother everywhere.  You are truly worth far more than rubies!
Barry G.

No comments:

Post a Comment