Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's official 6/21/2011

6/18/2011 3 lb 7 oz
6/19/2011 3 lb 7.4 oz
6/20/2011 3 lb 9 oz
6/21/2011 3 lb 9.9 oz
32 mL

Aliyah had a ok night last night.  Her heart rate fell only once.  She gained a little weight and she had a smile on her face :).  

With every new arrival comes a set of questions:
1)  Boy or girl?
2) How much did they weigh?
3) What is their name?
4) ?? I give you 1 guess

Your right.  #4 is "Who does the baby look like!"  I normally avoid answering this question.  For me, it didn't really matter.  The only thing I cared about was her ability to fight!  I honestly believe she has that quality.  She is definitely a fighter.  As a member of the "Preme Club", I can now say I understand what these little humans have to endure.  It is a fight from the time they enter the world.  I'll never forget the doctor tugging on Aliyah as he pulled her out of Christal's stomach.  It was hard to watch because she was so little and he literally had to pull her as if she was caught on something.  Immediately after that, the doctors begin to put tubes down her throat to help her breath.  It all happens very quickly.

Fast forwarding to today, Christal made it official.  I was given the news around 7:56 pm.  Along with the fighters heart, Aliyah also favors me.  Upon hearing the news, I didn't know what to do.  I couldn't scream because I was in the library studying :).  My response back to Christal was: I feel like I've left a mark on the world forever...I don't know what to say!  Prior to her official declaration, I heard rumors that was the case.  I didn't want to buy into the hype however.  It would be too much on me if I got my hopes up only to be deflated by the truth later.  At any rate, I want to give thanks to God for giving me this opportunity and to Aliyah for choosing me over her lovely mom!

I also want to thank all of you out there who voted me for this award.  Please keep praying that the news only gets better!

God Bless,
Barry G. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh how precious!!!!! God's ability supercedes our expectations. God knows the plans for your life and little Aliyah. It is Faith in the almighty powerful God. Let all see and declare the goodness of God. Worthy of all Praise. God Is the source and strength of your life. I love u cuz and to God be the Glory.

    ReplyDelete