Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A time to exhale 6/7/2011

6/4/2011 2 lb 6 oz
6/5/2011 2 lb 8.2 oz
6/6/2011 2 lb 8.2 oz
6/7/2011 2 lb 10 oz

Well, Aliyah's Kangaroo time today with Christal was much like yesterday.  She had some times where her heart rate dropped.  She did gain a little weight.  That is good.

I must admit I'm more concerned about mom than I am Aliyah.  Christal is tired.  Can't say it any other way.  There's not much I can do for either of them.  That is the difficult part for me.  To top it off, there was also a small conflict in the NICU. 

From time to time, the respiratory therapist will drop by to help place Aliyah in the bed after Kangaroo Care is done.  They are responsible for placing the CPAP on the babies face.  Tonight, there was a miscommunication with the therapist and the nurse.  They left the hood up on Aliyah's bed.  Most of the time, there is a heat lamp that is on when hood is up.  Tonight, that was not the case.  Well, Christal informed the nurse the hood was up 15 min. after the fact.  30 min. later (45 min. total), the nurse comes in and states, "Oh, I didn't know the heat lamp was off".  Aliyah temperature was 95 degrees.  It should be around 98.  This upset my wife greatly.  Needless to say, the nurse was replaced.  We normally don't have this type of issue in the NICU.  Tonight was an outlier.  I'm glad Christal came home.  She needs to rest.  Sleeping at the hospital is not good rest.  Nights like this make me wish I was out of school.

I'm praying for a peaceful night for Christal and Aliyah.

God Bless each and everyone.  I always read and appreciate the prayers and well wishes!

Barry G.

1 comment:

  1. God blessing my family. Give them peace that surpasses all understanding. God strengthen them keep them strong for you are the strength of there lives. Give them the assurance that u got their baby in your hands. You are still performing miracles everyday .Aliyah is proof of this. Nothing is impossible with God. he is the great Physician. Now cousin it was almost 42 yrs ago that me and my twin were born preemies. I was 2lbs and Zane 1.5 lbs. God is good. Keep the Faith.

    ReplyDelete