Saturday, June 11, 2011

A need for butt out diapers 6/11/2011

6/8/2011 2 lb 12 oz
6/9/2011 2 lb 13.5 oz
6/10/2011 2 lb 13.5 oz
6/11/2011 2 lb 15.6 oz

Well, today was a busy day.....but a good one.  It started with Aliyah and me with some daddy daughter time.  She did really well today.  Right before I held her, the respiratory therapist lowered her ventilator frequency from 15 breaths per min. to 10 breaths per min.  I was expecting her to have a lot of trouble, but she was up to the challenge.  They will check her again on Monday to see if she is ready for the next challenge....(breathing on her own with little assistance from the ventilator).  Let's pray her stats come out well.

As you can also see above, Aliyah is almost at 3 lbs!  I pray she can cross that barrier tonight.  With the change in her ventilator settings, I'm not expecting a big weight gain. 

I'm sure you are wondering why do we need butt out diapers....well Aliyah is a little raw on her left booty check.  It was really red today.  I cringed when I saw how sensitive it was.  To make me feel better, the nurse said, "It's getting better.  It's not bleeding."  I was like WHAT....It was worse than it is now!  Dang!  That was the reason she was "Doing the butt" yesterday when I walked in.  The nurse will be laying her on her stomach with her diapers off every day to continue to "air it out".  All I'm thinking is...my little girl is EXPOSED!  I hope this rawness clears quickly.

The fact that she is raw also makes changing her diaper harder.  The nurse is applying powder and creme attempting to protect the spot from the Christal's favorite poop.  The nurse and I went through at least 3 diapers today trying to change one.  Every time we got her cleaned up, she would begin to poop again.  I guess we needed Christal there to grab it for us instead of wasting so many diapers.  Where is Stinky Hand Christal when you need her.

My mom was also here for Christal's shower along with my sister from Houston with her twins (boy and girl @ 4 weeks).  Hopefully Aliyah will be able to see them next time.

Thanks to everyone who came out to Christal's shower today.
See the guest below:
Horest & Evelyn Wilkins
Carvell & Crystal Lucas
Gwen Smith
Darnell & Brianna Lucas
Forest & Kendra Furlough
Freda Whitley & Family
Aunt Lindia Lucas
Andrew & Bethanie Babb
Billie & Jeramiah Johnson
Amery & Rachelle Lucas
Jaann & Jimmy Garrison
Debbie & Aunt Yvonne
Aunt Joann Boyd
Kendra Shepard
Velindia Lucas
Kamille Lucas
Bridget
Mr. & Mrs Kenneth Lucas
Melinda Wiley & Family
Jimmie Garrison
Lola Fraizer

Thanks a lot for the prayers and words of encouragement.  God Bless.
Barry G.

No comments:

Post a Comment