Friday, June 17, 2011

Will she love daddy also? 6/17/2011

6/14/2011 3 lb 2.8 oz
6/15/2011 3 lb 2.4 oz
6/16/2011 3 lb 4.8 oz
6/17/2011 3 lb 4.9 oz

Today is the first day Aliyah was able to wear clothes!  If you can't see her shirt, it says...I love mommy.  Question:  Will she ever love daddy???

Christal told me today that we have a very happy child.  Evidently, she likes to smile.  I would like to think she has a lot to smile about!  She did well last night with respect to breathing.  I asked the nurse last night if she would be ready to go home next month.  Of course that will depend on Aliyah!  I'm believing she won't be there until Aug.  My prayers are she will be able to come home in July!  She is very strong and she will continue to beat the odds.  There is NO doubt she is my favorite child (and my only child :)) I'm pulling for her.  I do like her style.  She fighting with a smile on her face.

As I write this, I realize how many people have been praying for Aliyah.  It is absolutely amazing what prayer has done for us throughout this process.  It also came to me that her joy is the joy of the Lord. Aliyah's strength and fight are a direct reflecting of the prayers and grace that have been extended to our family during this season.  Aliyah = Ascending Imani = Faith.  Our faith is definitely been ascending :).  God bless each and everyone of you. 

Barry G.

1 comment:

  1. Truly a living testimony! She might need to borrow my nickname...and I'd let her!!!

    ReplyDelete