Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A call from the hospital ... 6/27/2011

6/24/2011 3 lb 13 oz
6/25/2011 3 lb 13.7 oz
6/26/2011 3 lb 15 oz
6/27/2011 3 lb 14 oz

Today, I was sitting at work on the phone when the caller ID showed Plano Presbyterian.  I put the co-workers on hold.  It was Dr. Santiago.  Aliyah was ok, but they wanted to do a spinal tap to get some spinal fluid to run more tests.  WHAT!?!?  My mind begin to race a little bit.  Dr. Santiago explained the procedure is normal, and we had nothing to worry about.  Of course I had a few questions:
1) Why is this neccesary?
2) Are the doctors not telling us everything?
3) Is her condition worsening? 

All of the blood work being examined came back negative for any bacteria.  Because of her breathing apnea episodes, the doctors wanted to make sure there was no evidence of bacteria in her spinal fluid.  At this point, I had a few things on my mind.  It was a bit difficult to focus on work.  I really wanted to be at the hospital.  To make things worse, I had class after work.

When Christal got to the hospital, the procedure had already been performed.  Christal calmed me down a bit telling me that she looked great and everything was ok.  The doctors will continue to keep Aliyah on antibiotics for a week and start feeding her again.  They began with 5 mL today.  I pray all the tests continue to come back negative and she will began to kick butt with respect to whatever is attempting to attack her right now.

Aliyah, you have overcome so much.  This is just one more hurdle meant to prepare you for your journey.  We claim the victory right now, in the name of Jesus!  


Barry G.

No comments:

Post a Comment