Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Challenge, New Opportunity for God 6/23/2011

6/20/2011 3 lb 9 oz
6/21/2011 3 lb 9.9 oz
6/21/2011 3 lb 11 oz
6/22/2011 3 lb 13 oz
32 mL

A lot happened today.  1st and foremost, today represented our 4 year anniversary.  This is the first anniversary with Aliyah.


Aliyah had some challenges today.  Here heart rate dropped many times today.  It is hard to say why.  
1) She missed a feeding at 6:00 a.m. this morning.  (Nurse forgot to start the machine)
2) She received two vaccinations today.
3) To make up for the missed feeding, they added 5 mL to every other feeding


I was not happy about the missed feeding.  


When Aliyah is fed, she has milk pushed through her tube over an hour.  As the feeding gets close to the end, she normally has issues with breathing.  Her stomach gets full, and it leaves very little room for her to breath.  Since she missed a feeding, the feeding was a little more than normal.  I'm not sure if the additional feeding or the vaccinations can be associated with her difficulty keeping her heart rate up.  She had been pretty stable prior to today.  Christal and I both prayed over her today.  I prayed over the room, for the nurses, and the doctors.  Prayerfully, we won't have any more mistakes like the one seen today.  


I'm not going to say much more.  I'm not feeling very good today.  I held her hand for a while, and I didn't want to leave the hospital tonight.  I really wanted to stay by her side.  I lost a lot of confidence in the nurses.


Please pray that nights like tonight are not repeated...in Jesus name.


Barry G.

1 comment:

  1. I pray...in Jesus' name that she will never have a repeat of a missed feed again. i pray the Holy Spirit cover you and Christal tonight as you rest...a peace that covers all understanding. Father...please can Aliyah have a very good day tomorrow...

    praying and standing with you Barry and Christal

    ReplyDelete