Saturday, June 4, 2011

Father and Daughter Day #3

6/1/2011 2 lb 4.8 oz
6/2/2011 2 lb 7.2 oz
6/3/2011 2 lb 8.6 oz
6/4/2011 2 lb 6 oz

Well, I guess Aliyah took my last blog seriously.  She lost of few ounces last night!

Today was the 3rd time I was able to hold Aliyah.  I went in for Kangaroo Care today.  Today was much better than the previous.  Kangaroo Care is difficult for a couple of reasons:
1) You have to sit with little freedom to move during the entire feeding
2) One or multiple parts of you body tend to fall a sleep
3) You end up playing with the medical equipment to keep the alarms at a minimum

Previous sessions I've had with Aliyah were also difficult due to her heart rate fall due to her breathing patters.  Today, her heart rate only dropped 1 time.  After that, I made a small adjustment to her mouth (keeping it closed so the air wouldn't be lost).  It was a good half-time adjustment if I do say so myself.  The rest of the time period went very well.  I remember the first time this happened.  I would get so nervous.  I would try to stay calm, but I could feel the beads of sweat forming on my head.  Thankfully, Aliyah is growing and her heart rate doesn't fluctuate as much as it used to.  Another sign of growth.

She took in 24 ml during her feeding period today.  After the feeding, the nurse noticed she had another blow out.  THANKFULLY, I was spared.  The diaper caught it all.  It was almost a smelly ride home for me!

I'm thankful for the time spent with my daughter.  Christal and I are thankful for how much she is blessing both of us.  God bless each and everyone of you.  I can't say enough how thankful we are for the prayers and best wishes!

Barry G.

No comments:

Post a Comment