Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rebounding well 6/24/2011

6/21/2011 3 lb 9.9 oz
6/21/2011 3 lb 11 oz
6/22/2011 3 lb 13 oz
6/23/2011 3 lb 13 oz
32 mL

Unfortunately, Aliyah has an example at  a young age who she can and cannot depend on.  

Psalm 121

 1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
         From whence comes my help?
 2 My help comes from the LORD,
         Who made heaven and earth.
  
As Christal spoke with the doctors and nurse on Thursday, they were shocked to find out what happened.  It is one mistake to miss a feeding.  It is another one to give a baby 1/6th the amount of normal intake to make up for the mistake.  When the doctors normally increase the feedings, they move up 2 mL.  The nurses on duty increased it 5 mL!  It wasn't just the nurse that make the mistake.....it was 2 shifts after that who participated in the practice.  At work the next day, I continued to think about it, and I was upset.  

I'm so thankful I understand who is in control.  

Christal and I also moved closer through this situation.  Understanding each other a little bit better and how we should respond and react in similar situations and to each other.  

Aliyah, you continue to live up to your name.  You have a purpose in this world.  Never forget it!

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words and prayers.
Barry G. 

No comments:

Post a Comment