Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Training wheels about to come off! 6/15/2011

6/12/2011 2 lb 15.6 oz
6/13/2011 3 lb 1.3 oz
6/14/2011 3 lb 2.8 oz
6/15/2011 3 lb 2.4 oz
Feeding: 30 mL

The last time this was attempted, Aliyah did well for about 36 hrs.  The next day, I remember Christal calling me upset.  She couldn't stay in the room.  Aliyah had a really hard time maintaining her breaths after the doctors took the assisted breathing away (5/27/2011).  During that time, she was just getting a constant flow of air without the pressure to inflate her lungs.  Her heart rate dropped repeatedly creating a great deal of anxiety.  Today, her tests convinced the doctors she was ready to try it again.  I pray the results will be much better this time around!  I'm very confident she will handle up!

Below is a video.  Underneath all of the blankets, you can see a head full of hair.  She doesn't move a great deal in this video.  I can't wait until the the CPAP is off.  It will make it so much easier to hold her!

Continue to pray for Christal that she will remain strong.  Her value to our family can't be measured.  I owe her everything!  When seeking motivation, I have to look no further than across the room.

Barry G.

No comments:

Post a Comment