Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Our little Warrior 5/31/2011

I received another good report from Christal today.  Aliyah had a good day.  Her weight is up and she still has her spunk!  I did not get to see her today, but I'm happy to report the Kangaroo Care was better today (yesterday was not pleasant) The CPAP is the 2 little tubes in her nose.  She does NOT like them.  The probes are almost as big as her nostrils.  When she wears them, they also press up against her nose (it looks more like a snout).  I'm being told that it will go back to it's original shape.  Let's all hope so!

She doesn't talk right now, but I do like the fight I see.  Yesterday, you could tell she was not comfortable with the location of the CPAP.  She found a way to wiggle and move it with her hands until it was off!  I like that kind of spunk!  She likes making the nurses earn their money!  It's also interesting watching someone so small have a personality.  She didn't like the situation, and she knows crying won't help.  When left with no other choice, she took the situation into her own hands.

We love you Aliyah.  Thank God also for your prayer warriors!  We love you also!

Barry G.

No comments:

Post a Comment