Monday, July 4, 2011

Waiting grows patience...7/4/2011

7/1/2011 4 lb 8.7 oz 
7/2/2011 4 lb 7.6 oz (Ventilator taken off)
7/3/2011 4 lb 6.9 oz
7/4/2011 4 lb 10.7 oz


Not much to report today.  Aliyah did receive a much need touch from mommy today.  Christal felt the need for some kangaroo care healing!  I'm looking for a good report tomorrow.  We are praying for Aliyah to hold her temperature on her own.  She was at 98.6 F most of the day, but she is still in her plastic castle.  The nurse gave her a bath tonight also.   


Dad wants her to take that next step.  It is a big deal for her to be able to maintain her temperature.  When she crosses that bridge, the medical staff will be more inclined to allow her to attempt nursing.  We must take baby steps (pun intended), but I want her progress to continue.  This is obviously where my growth starts (patience).  Patience is not one of my strong traits, but I'm learning a lot right now.  Things like wanting your child to come home are natural desires.  To have a family together is something most people desire.  Maybe this is a healthy exercise for us.  I don't know what is down the road, but I can't help but believe we are being prepared for something good.  I can't wait until that time comes.  There my impatience goes again :).


I hope everyone had a good 4th.  God Bless,
Barry G.

No comments:

Post a Comment