Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Aliyah is doing exceedingly and abundantly more...7/13/2011

7/10/2011 4 lb 12.2 oz
7/11/2011 4 lb 15 oz 

7/12/2011 4 lb 15 oz
7/13/2011 4 lb 15.5 oz

 I received a text message at work from Christal after the lactation nurse spoke with her:

-They have never seen a 24 weaker breastfeed like a newborn.  She exceeded their expectations like the Lord said she would.  Praise God for His promises!

-Usually they don't latch on like she does and stay latched on.  And they certainly don't swallow.  Becky said that this is the first time she has ever seen this before and she can't wait to come back tomorrow morning.

The text messages were more graphic in nature than I normally post on this blog, but I thought it was imperative to capture the words, emotion, and praise exactly as it was sent to me.  I love my wife so much.  She and I both have prayed that this little girl will exceed expectations and make a new standard!  Today is just the beginning.  I believe that with all my heart.

I also wanted Aliyah to read about the things her mother had to say.  I thank God for what he's done and what he's going to do.  God has a purpose for Aliyah.  I pray this blog will encourage her in the future when things get tough.  I want her to understand her history and everything she has already overcome.

God bless each and everyone of you.  Thank you for your prayers,
Barry G.

No comments:

Post a Comment