Saturday, July 30, 2011

Time to come home

4/25/2011 1 lb 4.5 oz
7/30/2011 6 lb 13.6 oz

The time has finally arrived.  Aliyah is coming home today!  I give glory and honor to God!  God has been gracious to us throughout this process.  It started on April 20th.  My wife called me from the doctors office before I got on a plane headed to Detroit.  Grace.

Day after Easter (April 25th) Aliyah was born.  If it had been 2 weeks later, Christal would have been in Italy with me for my study abroad class.  Grace.

Aliyah was born 1 lb 4.5 oz.  Today she is a health 6 lb 13.6 oz!  Grace.

When doctor Santiago spoke with us (before she was born), he informed us of all the complexities a 24 week baby faces.  Christal and I had to answer whether or not we wanted Aliyah revived if she came out not breathing.  This was the most difficult discussion and time I've ever been in.  When you have a child, no one thinks about complications.  I'm not the type of person who wants to think about the possibilities of my child not breathing or needing emergency assistance.  I'm happy to say Aliyah Imani lived up to her name by beating the odds and creating a high standard for a 24 week preme.  GRACE!

She has come a long way.  Getting through this time would not be possible without team work and a strong wife in my life.

I thank God for Christal and EVERYTHING she has done for our baby and our family throughout this process.  She has been a God send.  What she has done throughout this time period is more than I could have ever imagined.  

I also wanted to take this time to thank all of you who have followed this blog and prayed for our family. God bless each and everyone of you.  

This will be the last "NICU" status for Aliyah Imani Garrison!!!  Thank God we are coming home today!!!

God Bless,
Barry G.



2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you two will get to take your angel home today. Reading your post brought me to tears. The three of you will always be in my heart and thoughts. I hope our babies will get to meet one day.

    ReplyDelete