Thursday, May 26, 2011

5/26/2011- Peek-a-Boo

On all accounts, Aliyah had a good day today.  Her weight is holding steady at 1 lb 13 oz.  Hopefully, she will put on a little weight tonight.  I was able to see her tonight (Yea).  I would love to say I held her hand, but the reality is I put my pinky in her palm hoping she will grab it.  She was very active during my visit.

I didn't really know exactly what to expect when I got there, but I must admit I was disappointed.  I've never really seen her face without tubes and breathing apparatuses.   I thought today would be my best opportunity for that.  However, she was covered more today than I've seen since she was born.  To hold the respirator in place, they use a cap that covers most of her head.  At least she doesn't have all the tape going across her mouth.

Christal heard her cry a little.  This may have been a first for Christal.  I heard her squeak a little when she was born.  The squeak is what Christal described as well.  Of course it happened during a diaper change.  It is still hard for her to cry because of the feeding tube and the strength of her lungs.  I'm actually looking forward to hearing this more often.  (Remind me of this statement in a few months :)
I tried to add a picture below.  Unfortunately, you see more blankets than baby :).

God Bless,
Barry G.

No comments:

Post a Comment