Sunday, May 29, 2011

Reunited and it felt sooooo good! 5/29/2011

Well, today was awesome!  It was the first time in a week Christal has done Kangaroo Care.  It was also the first chance I've had to see the baby's face free of machines and caps since she was born (save the feeding tube)!  The nurse allowed me to take the pictures (See below).  She actually smiled for the camera!!!!  Christal saw her once before when Aliyah pulled out all of our tubing :).  She may be small, but she's stronger than she looks!

The day she was born, the operating doctor passed her off and the personnel immediately began a series of procedures to help her breath.  All my pictures (except for today) have most of her face covered for this reason.

Aliyah is up to 2 lb 2.4 oz.  She's being feed about 2.6 oz a day.  She was on antibiotics to help her fight an infection, but they will discontinue that today.  I'm glad because I hate seeing the catheter in her arm.  That thing is almost as big as her arm is!

Keep up the good work Aliyah.  I know it gets hard sometimes.  You cried out more today than I've heard all the other days put together ;).  We love you!

We continue to be blessed with the encouraging thoughts, prayers, and best wishes.  Thanks so much!

Barry G.

No comments:

Post a Comment